1. The Plot Format and Region Format tabs are not displayed in the VenturiOne® Ribbon?
2. I cannot visualize the Quadrant statistics displayed on the Preview plots. How can I make them clearer?
3. The distribution of events is not clearly displayed on the Preview plots. How do I optimally display the data?
4. What is V-log scaling?
5. Why does the system slow down when my gate equation contains 30 Boolean operands?
6. Why are the compensation values not displayed on all of the plots?
7. I cannot manually alter the compensation of the preview plots.
8. When Linear scaling is selected why does the compensation matrix display unexpected values?
9. What is a compensation file?
10. The calculated compensation value, displayed on the compensation matrix, is grayed out when it should be represented in a black and bold format.
11. What is the Parameter Resolver?
12. What is included in a VenturiOne® Workspace?
13. I have created a region but cannot visualize the region name and associated statistical value, why?
14. The created region and associated statistic is not displayed on the plot.
15. A known population of events is no longer displayed in the color precedence plot.
16. A color precedence plot displays a black population.
17. Multiple Quadrant regions have been applied to a plot, how can I distinguish which names and statistics are associated to each individual Quadrant?
18. Is it possible to create polygonal re-entrants?
19. Why can I not use the Region Position button (Region Format tab) to modify the position of a created Polygonal region?
20. I have created multiple regions on a plot, but cannot distinguish the names and associated statistical values because they overlie each other. How can I view this data?
21. Why canít I take a Snapshot of a currently selected histogram?
22. I have manually re-positioned a region name. How can I now return it to its original position?
23. Why are the DNA Statistics, displayed in the Statistics tab, grayed out?
24. I have exported plots, displayed in the Hierarchy view, onto the Clipboard but why were the pasted plots displayed in the Gallery format?
25. I renamed a gate involved in the Hierarchy and the Hierarchical format was rearranged. Why did this happen?
26. Why canít I include a specified region in the Tracking system.
27. What is ChartJunk?
28. How can I display the column header menu when there are no column headers displayed in the results table?
29. When multiple column headers are added to the group control, the table indent hides the results, how can I visualize these results?
30. The entered gate equation exceeds the limits of the gate equation dialog box.
31. If the desktop color theme is modified in Windows XP, why is the VenturiOne theme not changed?
32. What type of processor do I need to have for optimum performance?
33. Can VenturiOne be run on a MAC?
34. What is the maximum guaranteed file size that can be used on VenturiOne?
35. Is there a theoretical maximum file size that the software can handle?
36. Why wonít my new license key from Applied Cytometry allow me to open the VenturiOne software?
The Plot Format tab is only displayed
when a plot is selected in the Plots area. The Region
Format tab is only displayed when a region is selected on
a plot displayed in the Plots area.
Click the Increase Preview Plot Size button
(Preview tab) to magnify all the plots displayed in
the Previews area.
Change the scaling of the plots to optimally display
the events population. Select either Linear, Logarithmic or V-log from
the Preview tab.
V-Log is an axis transformation that is similar to Logarithmic for the upper
three decades, but has a Linear section around the axis. It allows visualization of low intensity
fluorescence and improves visualization of compensated data particularly if overcompensation occurs.
If a gate equation contains more than 23 Boolean operands
(i.e. regions), the system may slow down significantly. We recommend
that you limit the number of operands to 23.
Back To Top
Compensation values are only displayed on the dual parameter plots that are displayed
in the Previews area. Only Fluorescence parameters can be compensated. Scatter parameters cannot be
compensated, therefore scatter parameters plots will not have compensation values displayed.
7. I cannot manually alter the compensation of the preview plots.
Ensure that the Manual Compensation option
(Compensation tab) is selected; also note that the Manual Compensation option will not
be available for FCS2.0 10bit files which cannot be compensated.
A compensation matrix can only be calculated accurately
when Log or V-Log scaling is selected, we do not recommend using Linear
scaling when calculating a compensation matrix.
Fluorescence compensation settings that are applied
to a Workspace can be saved as a compensation file and applied to other
After the software calculates the compensation coefficients
for a single-stained file, values that do not require any compensation
(i.e. represented as 0%)will still appear grey even though they have
Back To Top
If the parameters in a file to be opened do not match
those selected in the current Plots area, a Parameter
Resolver is displayed. This enables the matching of the parameters
so the new file can be opened in the current workspace.
Plots, regions, gates, color precedence, selected
statistics and displayed parameters are included in a VenturiOne® Workspace.
The region label must fit within the boundaries of the plot space. Ensure that the
region name is within these limits and that the associated statistic is displayed with the minimal
number of decimal places.
Check that the designated region colour is not white.
A white region and text will be hidden by the white plot background.
Check that the color white is not selected as a color precedence option. The
white population will be hidden by the white plot background.
Check that black is not selected as a colour precedence
option. Alternatively, ensure that the relevant gate is checked in
the Precedence Order dialog.
Hover the cursor over the intercept of a Quadrant
to display a tool tip displaying the region names and associated statistics.
Single and multiple vertical re-entrants can be created.
The Region Position button can only be used to modify the position of a
created Elliptical, Rectangular, Linear or Quadrant regions.
Region names can be repositioned by selecting a region
and dragging the name to a new position, as indicated by the cursor.
A Snapshot cannot be taken of a DNA Cell Cycle plot. The New Snapshot button
is enabled when one or more histograms are displayed in the Plots area, however if one of the
histograms is a DNA Cell Cycle plot, Snapshots will only be taken of the Histograms. To
generate a Snapshot of the DNA plot it must be converted to a Histogram by selecting the
plot and clicking the Histogram button, positioned on the Plot type
group (Plot Format tab).
Back To Top
Select the region and click the Automatic Region Name Position button (Region Format tab).
The associated region name will return to its default position.
The DNA Statistics group options are only enabled when the Results tab is selected. The DNA statistics cannot be displayed on the plots.
To export and paste the plots displayed in the Hierarchy format, ALL the Parent and Child plots must be selected to maintain the format. If all the plots are not selected, only those plots that are selected will be copied and when pasted they will be displayed in the Gallery format.
Plots involved in the Hierarchy are arranged in alphabetical order according to the name of the gate applied. Therefore, if a gate name is changes the plots involved in the Hierarchy may be rearranged but the representation is not altered.
Regions on multiple plots can only be tracked if the regions are displayed on same parameter plots.
ChartJunk are the details displayed on the exported images; Background Shading, Regions, Gate Names, Region Labels, Axis Labels, Plot Frame and Axes Tickmarks.
If all the column headers are un-checked, it is not possible to right click on a column header to display the pop-up menu. To return this functionality, check a statistic check box (e.g. Count) positioned in the Statistics tab. The statistic is then displayed in the table. Right click on this column header to display the pop-up menu (refer to section 3.9.7 of the Operation Manual).
IDouble click the column separator for the hidden column to optimally visualize the column data.
If the entered Gate Equation exceeds the limits of the dialog box, click the button (Edit Gates dialog) to display a larger Gate Equation dialog box. Type the gate equation in this box (refer to section 184.108.40.206 of the Operation Manual).
The color theme is only modified in VenturiOne when using Windows Vista.
We recommend a 64-bit processor as this will improve the performance of the software. However, the technology of VenturiOne allows it to optimize the performance of the processing ability available and a 32-bit processor will be sufficient.
Yes if it is running Microsoft Windows Vistaô or XP operating systems.
The maximum guaranteed file size is 10 million events with 15 parameters.
There is no theoretical maximum file size that the software can handle; it will depend upon the memory and capability of the PC.
When you request a new license key from Applied Cytometry you must ensure the file that you email to us is generated on the same computer that you propose to install VenturiOne on, otherwise you will not be able to open the software.